Saturday, February 8, 2014

Greetings.

So here it goes:

About a year ago, I wandered back into a game store, after a brief (30-year) hiatus from RPGs.  I came out with a Pathfinder Beginner Box, tore it apart, and said, "Hmm, this is what gaming is now..."  


About that time, a friend mentioned that they still played 1st-gen D&D, and I found the thing that is the OSR.  So I've been reading the blogs of the community, studying, and filling a couple of notebooks with a few of my own crackpot ideas.  


True confession - I haven't played much more than a couple of sessions in that time - not a lot of time to campaign with work and life and all.  So I'm just going to be throwing my content and ideas and observations out there - some lists, notes, poorly-drawn maps, a few cobbled-together scenarios.   Please feel free to comment, and if you find anything useful, this work, such as it is, is produced under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0. So you can use, hack, share, retool, but not sell.


So this will likely be primarily a gaming blog, with digressions into climbing, working out, motorcycling, the travails of being a stepdad, creative writing, science, art...


Oh, and this is Leicester:
My furry bastard buddy for 11 years.  He passed on last year, yet still protects the house from the Corner Demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment