1. ...to an old stronghold at the edge of a once-fertile land, now dead, desecrated and referred to simply as The Blight. Anyone taking claim on the property will need to spend great time and effort to restore and re-sanctify the land back to productivity.
2. ...to an ancestral estate and farmland, renowned for its bumper rye crops. Still productive, but suffering from a bit of a bulette infestation.
3. ...to a manorhouse lovingly maintained by an aged, deaf groundskeeper and custodian. Uninhabitable due to the constantly screaming ghosts.
4. ...to a seaside tower, formerly a wizard's redoubt, and now a popular spot for viewing the annual kraken migration.
5. ...to a shabby hut huddled in a dank grove. Which, upon recitation of incantations on a second scroll (to be found/obtained separately), reveals a gateway to a pocket universe, and a resplendent mansion situated on a transparent platform overlooking an alien, starry expanse.
6. ...to a played-out mine. Un-maintained, it is crumbling, with bowed shoring and collapsed tunnels. Further exploration and mining has a chance to break through to a crystal-veined cave, filled with gems highly sought-after for their ability to store arcane energies.
7. ...to a giant, alien god-skull, set high upon an arid cliff. The brain cavity has been divided into rooms, and the eye sockets paneled with stained glass depicting legendary crimes.
8. ...to a lovely little hamlet and the surrounding lands up the coast a ways. All the tenant-farmers are friendly, productive, and thoroughly undead.
9. ...to ancestral lands and their ancient dolmen-rings. Which, unfortunately, has been co-opted by bugbear shamen, claiming that it, too, is their traditional holy site. They may be willing to negotiate shared access, but have a long list of requirements (some contradictory) for avoiding desecration of the site for their beliefs.
10. ...to a fungal regime in the understory of a deep rainforest. The allegiance of the giant leaf-cutter ant colony is not guaranteed.
11. ...to a mega-dungeon complex left by a distant and forgotten lich-uncle. Stipulations for acquiring the property include; converting alignment to chaotic, maintenance of dark rituals to assure alliance of minion-troops, and preservation of the structure in accordance to Hegemonic Register of Historic Places guidelines.
12. ...to a giant treehouse complex suspended within a Methuselah tree in a primordial forest. The place is rustic, yet resplendent. And terribly infested by pixies.