This is what happens when I don't write down my ideas and forget a list item:
17. Trepanning Spike: When driven into the skull of a victim of demonic or extra-planar possession, the possessing spirit will be expunged. If the spike is left in place, it acts as insurance against future extra-planar attacks or possessions, as well as incorporeal attacks. However, there are potential side-effects:
- Periodic debilitating migraines (5% chance per day), -2 all actions
- Short-term memory loss
- Personality change - Lawful/chaotic shift
- Loss of eye-hand coordination/dizziness (permanent -2 DEX)
- Partial vision loss, or tunnel vision
- Speech impediments or loss of language skills
- Intelligence loss (permanent -2 INT)
- Erratic behavior - may include loss of empathy, mood swings, inappropriate outbursts, etc.
- Ringing in ears (inability to make listening checks, may not be able to hear whispered speech, or in loud environments)
- Fatigue/difficulty sleeping (25% chance of not regaining rest-based HP)
In other news, I won the last installment of Inkwell Ideas' Geomorph Map Contest, and got a swell set of Dungeonmorph dice, and copies of a couple collections of Matt Jackson's Moleskin Maps. Thanks, guys!
And now back to cobbling something together for my Secret Santicore 'gift' request....